Sunday, September 28, 2014

Blog Post 6

After watching Dr. Strange and Anthony Capps' conversation, we were asked the question, "What did you learn?" I found the conversations very valuable.It was very nice to hear it from someone that has been in our shoes as a student and now a new teacher. Anthony seemed very interested in the Project Based Learning, and did a very good job explaining how he does some of his projects. I really enjoyed hearing some of his experiences in his classroom, which is nice. I love projects, but wasn't sure about the PBL, hearing it from Anthony, made it seem a little more bearable and fun. I love what Anthony says about using technology. Children are like little sponges and will take in everything they can. It amazes me to see children as young as 2 years old playing on an IPad, and work it very well at that. As technology grows it will be an essential tool that everyone will have to know, so we should incorporate using technology as much as possible in our classrooms. It will be a huge tool to help children prepare for the future. The Anthony-Strange Conversation for new teachers had many great points. The Points that really stood out to me were: 1)Work hard 2) You can make it fun if you let it 3)Be creative 4)Respond to unplanned events 5) Be flexible in lesson plans Anthony gave some really great advise for new coming teachers. He explained some of his personal experiences and projects but leaves a little room for you to take it and add your own personal lesson plans and thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Paige! I enjoyed reading your post! My favorite part about it was when you referred to the children as "little sponge." I found that to be not only a cute comparison but it has very much truth behind it! It amazes me to see small children do so well at advanced technology too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paige! Your post was very detailed and informative! I especially liked the statement that we should use technology in the classroom as much as possible. I plan to do just that in my health education classroom. Preparing our students for the future is one of the most important jobs as educators. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete