Sunday, October 5, 2014

Blog 7

For this blog we watched how kindergarten and first graders us their iPads in class. Mrs. Tuck the teacher explained Popplet the app that the children use to make a web with pictures on the story they have read. After they are finished with their Popplet, she screenshots a picture of it so they can have it to refer to. Mrs. Tuck also records the students on the iPad when they read so they can go back and listen to it and see where they made mistakes. I think that technology is a great tool for all ages, especially children, because it will continue to grow rapidly. It is so amazing that children at the age of 5 are more technologically savvy than most adults. In two years, I hope to be in a school that uses the technology based system. Those teachers are really helping the students out by teaching all about how to work technology, and it will be great when all school systems teach in that way. The other part of the assignment was to list my strengths and weaknesses about technology and how I can get myself ready for it.

  Strengths
  I love to learn new things about technology.
  Technology amazes me on how it works.
  I use technology daily.
  I understand that children are fully capable of learning technology no matter the age.

  Weaknesses
 I should use technology more to keep me organized.
 I like to procrastinate.
 I like to bite off more than I can chew most of the time.
 My time management skills need major improvement .

 When thinking about being a teacher in the next two years is scary to me, just because I know that the styles of teaching will constantly be changing. When having my own classroom, I will have to stay on my game and continue to learn everyday about different teaching styles and all different ways to use technology in my classroom. When teaching I want to impact my children, so that in 10 years when they are walking across the stage they can think back on my class and how it help them along their path.

3 comments:

  1. Paige, It is important for all teachers to remember you do not have to teach your students how to use technology. In most cases students have been using technology from a very early age and many students will know more about it than you. Also remember to source all pictures you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you watch all of the videos? It does not appear that you did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we had similar strengths in weaknesses. I also worry about everything changing so often making it difficult on us as teachers. Enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete