Saturday, August 23, 2014

practice blog post

outline outline Introduction outline Why do I want to be an educator
What does an educator do in his or her practice
What are my passions
Hi, my name is Paige Odom, I am from Mobile, AL. I graduated from Baker High School in 2011. I love being outdoors or watching sports. I attended Jefferson Davis Community College in Brewton, AL. After my first two years of college on a softball scholarship, I decided to attended South because both my aunt and uncle received their PhD. from South. I am one of five kids, me being the oldest, and five years old being the youngest. I entered the education field because I love children, watching them progress, and helping children. Something about cute little 3ft humans with bright bows with a book bag that weighs them down warms my heart. I love interacting with children, learning from them while they learn from me. Seeing how a child learns is so fascinating to me, they are like a sponge and every little thing you do or say they take it all in. From Monday to Friday of the same week they can learn so many things and do not even realize it, and that is what amazes me. Everyone is raised differently, from financial issues to single parents everyone is different. Children do not understand why maybe their parents do not have the extra money for new shoes or why their mother is not around, but I want to be the teacher that they will not have to think of any of that. In my class I want to treat everyone fairly, we will all have the same dreams and that is to be smarter than the day before. In the 21st century, teachers have to understand that everyone's family is different. Yes, I will be there to be an educator, but I will also be there if they feel threated, need anything, and someone to listen. Many teachers come to class because that is their job, I want to come for a purpose and that is to help children to not only become smarter but become prepared for life.
I am a good listener and always willing to help others when they need something or just a shoulder to lean on. I like to spend time talking to my family and enjoying the outdoors instead of being at work with rude customers. I need to improve on the facial expressions I give others when I do not agree, I may not say anything but my looks say it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment